Re: [LUG] Problems with my digital camera

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:21, Julian Hall wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:

> > A while ago I bought a digital camera (Canon Powershot A610). Once I
> > had some photos ready I decided to transfer them to the computer. So,
> > while Mandriva was running, I linked that camera to a USB port using the
> > supplied cable and powered up the camera in view mode.
> >
> > CRASH.
>
> I'd say get an external card reader.

I have always used external <Sandisk> readers which have worked happily with
various distros.  You can borrow mine if you like - I'm just up the road from
you :)

For my latest Debian box I installed a combo floppy disk/multi card reader in
a 5.5in slot and it works perfectly, costing less than an external multi-card
reader.

HTH

--
W. Devon