Re: [LUG] Problems with my digital camera

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:58:09 +0000
David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> They seem to be doing well and expanding.  The better internal card readers
> connect directly to the USB connectors on the mobo, some earlier models had
> long leads which connected to the rear usb sockets.  I bought my floppy/card
> reader from MISCO but they don't seem to have restocked the item.

> > I will get back to you re the outcome.
> >
> Will look forward to that.  My latest case, an <Antec>, has a very robust set
> of connectors from the front panel to the mobo and the usb sockets have
> worked happily with various hardware items.

I have started my research, only the chap who built my machine is away
until Tuesday.

Meanwhile I have been looking at my USB ports info using kinfocenter. I
find that I have one marked EHCI with a speed of 480 Mbits/s. The other
three are marked OHCI with a speed of 12 Mbits/s. When I asked at the
shop I was told that all my USB ports should be set up as USB2, so they
should all be the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this please?

TIA
Neil Winchurst