Re: [LUG] Problems with my digital camera

On Thursday 16 November 2006 18:19, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Thanks for the offer. My computer was built by the local computer shop
> so I will go there tomorrow to find out what I can about the set up of
> my USB ports. (I will be able to speak to the chap who actually built
> it.) I will also chat to them about your suggestion of adding an
> internal card reader. They know a bit about Linux and are not at all
> 'Windows and nothing else' people.

They seem to be doing well and expanding.  The better internal card readers
connect directly to the USB connectors on the mobo, some earlier models had
long leads which connected to the rear usb sockets.  I bought my floppy/card
reader from MISCO but they don't seem to have restocked the item.

> Meanwhile, where is 'just up the road from me'?

 Hatherleigh

> I will get back to you re the outcome.

Will look forward to that.  My latest case, an <Antec>, has a very robust set
of connectors from the front panel to the mobo and the usb sockets have
worked happily with various hardware items.

--
W. Devon