Re: [LUG] Problems with my digital camera

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:21:35 +0000
David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'd say get an external card reader.
>
> I have always used external <Sandisk> readers which have worked happily with
> various distros.  You can borrow mine if you like - I'm just up the road from
> you :)
>
> For my latest Debian box I installed a combo floppy disk/multi card reader in
> a 5.5in slot and it works perfectly, costing less than an external multi-card
> reader.
>
> HTH

Thanks for the offer. My computer was built by the local computer shop
so I will go there tomorrow to find out what I can about the set up of
my USB ports. (I will be able to speak to the chap who actually built
it.) I will also chat to them about your suggestion of adding an
internal card reader. They know a bit about Linux and are not at all
'Windows and nothing else' people.

Meanwhile, where is 'just up the road from me'?

I will get back to you re the outcome.

Thanks
Neil Winchurst