Re: [LUG] BBC news clip - I thought it may be of interest ?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:21:31 +0000, "Adrian Midgley"
<amidgley2@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Rob Beard wrote:
> > Technically my employer would be in that boat.  They use Windows but it
> > is under a licensing agreement which they pay Microsoft for, so in
> > theory they're buying Windows twice for one PC.
> >
> I think you'll find that like the NHS the bulk licensing is assumed to
> be for an upgrade from whatever is supplied to the current version of
> WIndows.
>
> (current version of XP that is, I think for the NHS, so no gain should
> anyone wish to move their machine from the W98 rather a lot are on to
> Vista when that is current.)

Well, we have stacks and stacks of Dell OEM XP CDs and licenses here
(RDE NHS Trust IT Projects Testbay), none of which have been used, as
one of the first things we do to any new PC that comes in (and there are
a lot atm) is reimage it. I believe Vista is being tested at the moment,
but I suspect it'll be some time before it appears 'in the wild'.

Sam
--
Samuel Toogood
Top Flat, 113 George Lane