Re: [LUG] BBC news clip - I thought it may be of interest ?

John Palmer wrote:
> The price of a M$ opsys seems to have come down a bit.  When this issue
> was in the news around 2000 ? the refund was supposed to be 150 pounds
> IIRC, and was as hard to get as the customer in the story expected to find
> it to be.  Dell are also fudging the issue by calling it a goodwill
> payment; this means they don't really admit the rightness of the claim but
> don't want a fuss just now either.

It's a shame that a big company who has the buying power to buy say 100
boxes at a time doesn't specify that they don't want Windows.
Technically my employer would be in that boat.  They use Windows but it
is under a licensing agreement which they pay Microsoft for, so in
theory they're buying Windows twice for one PC.

Rob