Re: [LUG] BBC news clip - I thought it may be of interest ?

Rob Beard wrote:
> Technically my employer would be in that boat.  They use Windows but it
> is under a licensing agreement which they pay Microsoft for, so in
> theory they're buying Windows twice for one PC.

I think you'll find that like the NHS the bulk licensing is assumed to
be for an upgrade from whatever is supplied to the current version of
WIndows.

(current version of XP that is, I think for the NHS, so no gain should
anyone wish to move their machine from the W98 rather a lot are on to
Vista when that is current.)