Re: [LUG] Flash Player 9 for PPC

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 04:56:37PM +0000, Ben Goodger wrote:

> >with
> >as
> >
> >"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a video driver,
> >deserve neither liberty nor video drivers."
>
> Those who give up functionality they want to obtain liberty,
> deserve neither liberty nor that functionality.

So you're saying it's better to have no control over your own computer, and
have Microsoft/Apple/<insert-evil-monopolist-here> decide what you can and
can't do with your own machine, as long as you get shiny graphics. wobbly
windows, and 40MB content-free Flash websites? Or am I misunderstanding your
statement?

Personally, I have no interest in XGL/AIGLX, Flash, etc (at the moment I'm not
even using X). I'd much rather have a completely free system than one that
looks nice (for a given value of "nice").

        bma