Re: [LUG] Flash Player 9 for PPC

On 14/11/06, Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a Linux installation filled with proprietary software any better than a Windows installation filled with proprietary software?

It certainly is, as not everything is about whether the software is free - if I'm using Microsoft Office on Linux it's still a superior experience to Windows, and would be if Linux was EULA-licensed.

not everyone cares about whether it's open source or not.  surely any
support for linux is better than none?

It is indeed. Besides, it's not like (at least my) system is flooded with proprietary software - a flash plugin and a few codecs hardly counts as a flood, in opposition to the entire system...

--
Ben Goodger
#391382