Re: [LUG] Compiling a Debian kernel

On Oct 23, 2006, Simon Waters was like:

> Isn't that what is in package;
>
>  linux-wlan-ng-source

Well it may be. I was looking for linux-wlan-ng-modules which testing
does not have, though Gentoo does. I didn't want to be compiling the
modules. It's all very confusing. If you don't mind I'm up to here
with linux-wlan-ng and I just want a PCI card.

On hostap and the like: in http://linux-wless.passys.nl there is a list
of wireless cards with the suggested driver. A lot suggest linux-wlan-ng
(and may be quite right to do so), a lot suggest ralink or madwifi and
so on. Only three suggest hostap, a D-Link DWL-520, which is prism3,
and two CF cards. Of course the list may be out of date.

Tony