Re: [LUG] Compiling a Debian kernel

On Oct 20, 2006, Simon Waters was like:

> For a desktop I'd probably do Etch.

Sounds good. I see that linux-wlan-ng source is now in testing so I'll
have a go.

> Certainly with Etch/Sid, I'd expect to do wlan-ng using module-assistant
> and the source package already in Debian. Although I've not tried it,
> not on an Athlon 64, does this approach not work?

I didn't try it because the source package is not in Debian stable. It
migrated to testing in Feb 2006 but I didn't know that. The standard
method needs a kernel source tree and anyway I think it would be useful
to be able to compile a custom kernel and unless I can find out about
mkinitrd I can't do it.

Tony Sumner