[LUG] Servers and Proximity Virus

Hi Guys

Firstly, I think I have discovered the very first Linux virus. I have
checked it out with one other member of the group and he has confirmed
that my system has the virus! It is called the proximity virus and
basically works like this. System unusable! Take to one Neil Stone, he
touches system and it starts to work. Bring system home - system
becomes unusable again! Don't get this virus or we will all have to
move to Saltash!

Secondly, servers! I spent a little bit of time with Neil and get some
questions answered which then brings another four hundred that need
answering! I have to build a server for someone with about 8 computers!
I am looking at using either Pentium 4s or Amd 64s and possibly rack
mounting them. However, I discovered to rack mount you need adequate
cooling or stick them in 4u cases. Then I discovered Xeons and
opterons! Is it necessary to buy server chips or can I run an 8 user
network with p4s and amd 64s please? Rack mounted stuff simply saves
space - is there any other benefits please?

Finally, any books recommended for learning about file servers please?

Thanks.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk