Re: [LUG] Choice in desktop environments

Simon Waters wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
>> If you don't like Gnome
>
> I dislike the suggestion in this thread that GNOME lacks eye candy,

It's relative. I think Gnome is fine - I don't care how it looks really.
The looks of KDE were really getting in the way.

> if
> it gets any worse I'll have to start posting links to my screen shots ;)

Nah, all I'm saying is that KDE has too much eye candy, especially for
embedded systems.

> Okay, I dropped the SVG based Icon theme, because the scalable icons
> didn't look any prettier than the raster ones I already had.
>
> I switched from KDE to GNOME for various weird reasons now defunct, and
> whilst I think KDE has a functional edge on GNOME in some areas, GNOME
> are going for the clean and elegant look, and I think it works.

So do I - I like clean and elegant, far more than the (IMHO) cluttered KDE.

--

Neil Williams