Re: [LUG] Xandros 3.0 Open Circulation Distro

Keith Abraham wrote:

I haven't much time/energy at the moment so don't take any of this as the
gospel truth. (It'll be a while before I'm totally well again.)

I suggest you look at /etc/modutils/aliases. If I remember correctly kernels 2.6
and some modified 2.4s introduced this as well as adding an /etc/modules file.
(The /etc/modules file doesn't have the frightening opening text.)
NB anything you put in /etc/modutils/aliases requires you do update-modules
as root and a reboot.

Sorry I can't be more explicit at the moment but it might point you in the
right direction when Googling for info.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the advice. It's slowly dawned on me today that actually the network is staying remarkably stable so I may obey the old engineer's maxim of "Don't fix what's not broken". However if it does play silly burgers I'll take your advice and have a look at those files :)

Kind regards,

Julian