Re: [LUG] Xandros 3.0 Open Circulation Distro

Julian Hall wrote:

Grant Sewell wrote:

I have not tried the nForce drivers under Debian, but I know the GFX drivers work fine, and they use the same installer type. I have also helped someone install the nForce drivers for an Ubuntu setup (which, for all intents and purposes, is Debian in a colourful wrapper) and that worked nicely. I wouldn't have thought you'd have problems with it.

The only "manual editing of config files" that I recall was for the GFX installation - making sure 'LOAD "GLX"' and 'DRIVER "nvidia"' were in the Xconfig file.

Grant.

Hi guys,

Grant, the main bit that springs to mind was renaming bits that said "forcedeth" which I think Martin mentioned, to "nvidia". Similar job to renaming the bits you mentioned with the GFX installation.

I'll see if I can poke life into Xandros by sidestepping LILO as Martin and Ben suggested, then have a go with the MoBo drivers which I'm just downloading in Windows on the same machine.

Kind regards,

Julian

This might be of help to you.

http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic.php?t=11225&highlight=nvidia+drivers

Forgive me if it isn't as I've been ill and I've just returned to >1000 emails so I've
had to be selective in what I read.

I considered Xandros some time ago and consequently gathered as much
installation info as I could. Saddly I never got around to installing it and only
kept the nvidia data.

Keith