Re: [LUG] Xandros 3.0 Open Circulation Distro

Keith Abraham wrote:

This might be of help to you.

http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic.php?t=11225&highlight=nvidia+drivers

Forgive me if it isn't as I've been ill

Nothing to forgive Keith, and I hope you're feeling better now :)

That worked perfectly for *both* NVIDIA drivers, motherboard *and* graphics. I haven't tweaked the config files yet as per the nvidia instructions for the motherboard bits, but I have done graphics part and I now get a nice shiny nvidia logo pop up as the X Server loads :)

and I've just returned to >1000 emails so I've
had to be selective in what I read.

I don't blame you. I had 3000+ when I went in to work on my last day to hand in my notice. Of course in that case my job was much easier - find the round metal file and drop them in it ;)

I considered Xandros some time ago and consequently gathered as much
installation info as I could. Saddly I never got around to installing it and only
kept the nvidia data.

It's actually quite nice. I'll post a bit more about it once I've got the network and other bits tidy and give it a mini-review :)

Kind regards,

Julian