Re: [LUG] Xandros 3.0 Open Circulation Distro

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:53:11 +0100
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi Grant,

I found the switch (it told me when it couldn't find the kernel source
:)) however despite Xandros saying the headers are installed I can't
seem to find them anywhere, looked in /usr/src etc.  So for the mo I
give up.  I've Googled around but all the sites I found talked about the
full source or just mentioned the headers without actually saying *where
they are*.

Kind regards,

Julian

Been a while since I last looked at Xandros, so I can't remember if it uses Synaptic
or not.  If so (or KPackage) then it is easy-as to find where certain packages have
installed files.

Of course, being a Debian based system you can use dpkg:
$ dpkg-query -L <packagename>

(and if you're not sure of the package name, you should be able to check out what is
present in your /var/cache/apt/archives directory).

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.