Re: What is/was your work desktop? was Re: [LUG] SIMS

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 15:54 +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:43:43 +0000
John Horne <John.Horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, only the leased Windows XP desktop workstations are rebooted. No
servers are affected (Windows or otherwise).

Ah!  So it _is_ a Windows only thing!  In that case, if the
workstation in question is running something other than Windows,
presumably it can't be rebooted remotely.

Oh absolutely. I run a Fedora linux PC here and it is not rebooted by
anything the apps people do :-)

Not sure about vmware though. I have an XP laptop with vmware. I'll
leave it running the vmware (Fedore linux) to see what happens tonight.
I suspect it will reboot and my vmware session will, of course, have
been aborted.

John.