Re: [LUG] Fedora

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 08:35 +0000, Richard Brown wrote:

So is it worth going down the Fedora road and installing that?
Is it very like RH in its use?

I moved from RH9 to Fedora with no problems that I can remember.

With the latest FC3 be careful with the SELinux stuff though. This was
enabled, I think, in FC1, disabled in FC2, and is now enabled again in
FC3. It's some enterprise linux security software which should mke your
system more secure from being modified - i.e. you can't just change some
daemon configs, etc. The downside is that if you *do* want to modify
configurations, I was doing this for BIND/named, you need to tell
SELinux to allow it. It took a little while to work out how on earth to
do that. More annoying than anything.

John.