Re: [LUG] Evolution Migration to Thunderbird

Julian Hall wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:

I work for two of the ISPs I use.. we don't support IMAP.

Oops... wrong lamppost..... I've just realised. What I'm trying to do is get mail I've already received from one mail client into another. fetchmail/LDAP may be of use for future incoming mail but that still leaves me with over a year's worth in the old client.

1) Set up IMAP server. 2) Add an account to Evolution to look at the IMAP server. 3) Move your existing mail into IMAP mail box(es). 4) Set up fetchmail. 5) Set up Thunderbird to look at IMAP server.

So long as step 1 comes first and step 3 comes after step 3 the
order isn't that critical.