Re: [LUG] Evolution Migration to Thunderbird

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 6:42, Julian Hall wrote:
What I'm not clear about is running the IMAP server.  I assume that it
can pick up mail for different accounts, or would fetchmail just dump
everything from every mail account into one box?

remote POP3 -> fetchmail -> maildrop -> filesystem
IMAP <-> filesystem

differentiate incoming mail? :)

maildrop

Can I tell fetchmail to deliver to say /home/jules/mail/dadsmail for
him, /home/jules/mail/mumsmail etc etc?

~/.mailfilter

if (/^To.*wexxxxxxxter@xxxxxxxx\.uk/)
to Mail/LUG

if (/^From.*Simon Waters.*<Simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/)
to Mail/Friends

if (/^List-Id:.*net-z3950\.indxxxxa\.dk/)
to Mail/z3950

if (/^Reply-To.*list@xxxxxxxxx\.uk/)
to Mail/dclug

Any header is available as a regexp match - you can get into compound matches
too but just be careful because a bad .mailfilter can lose email.

I'm not expecting anyone to spoonfeed me, but if someone could point me
in the direction of an easy to follow Man page I'd appreciate it :)

man fetchmail
man maildropfilter
man mailfilter

IMAP is simply a case of logging in and subscribing to the folders via your
email client. I can't remember doing any IMAP config.

--

Neil Williams