Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

On 04/12/2021 11:53, Neil wrote:
> On 03/12/2021 18:27, Neil wrote:
>>>

>>> Neil could you maybe bless us with some basic information. You know like perhaps
>>> what graphics card and driver combination you are currently using and what
>>> version of MX Linux you have just installed. Anything that might make this more
>>> like technical support and less like divination!
>>>

>> I have found ... Intel CoffeeLake -S GT2
>>
>> Driver .. i915
>>
>> Is that helpful?
>>
>> MX Linux v 21 ahs version.
>>
>> I get lost with all this weird information,
>>
>> Neil
>>
> This seems to have gone off topic. I would like to know, please, if anyone can help
> me with this, now that I have included the above information.
>
> My text editors seem to work OK. It is the browsers and email where I am getting a
> problem. I have had that computers for over six years and it has never had this
> problem before.
>
> Neil

Ok, we're starting to assemble some useful information now ..

so Which browsers seem to be 'misbehaving', ditto what mail reader is your 'default'
(we're not telepathic, and few of us have good memories as to what you've told us in
the past!) ..

Is it any form of window movement, scrolling up and down .. remember in tech support,
you can't ever give Too Much Information ..
This is where we often now thrive on screenshots and even video now you can capture
it easily on your phone .. wait, you have a smartphone right? That old wind-up BT
chunk in the corner ain't gonna help you ... Simply because a picture speaks a
thousand words (Remember?).

Are your 'text editors' the likes of gedit/etc or are you in a console window
(nano/vim/emacs/etc) ..

I'm guessing you've got a lightweight desktop installed (although this can be
configured multiple ways in Most linuxes .. so XFCE by any chance? Do you have
compositing turned on/off (do you know what this is?!)

Let's see if we can drill into this ..

veremitz/Michael .