Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

On 04/12/2021 11:53, Neil wrote:
On 03/12/2021 18:27, Neil wrote:
On 03/12/2021 18:03, comrade meowski wrote:
On 03/12/2021 16:10, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi Neil,

Neil could you maybe bless us with some basic information. You know like perhaps what graphics card and driver combination you are currently using and what version of MX Linux you have just installed. Anything that might make this more like technical support and less like divination!

I have found ... Intel CoffeeLake -S GT2

Driver .. i915

Is that helpful?

MX Linux v 21 ahs version.

I get lost with all this weird information,

Neil

This seems to have gone off topic. I would like to know, please, if anyone can help me with this, now that I have included the above information.

My text editors seem to work OK. It is the browsers and email where I am getting a problem. I have had that computers for over six years and it has never had this problem before.

Neil

Perhaps examples would help. When I queried the graphics card and driver, I meant something like this:

Nvidia GeForce Ti 1050TX [Albeit on a laptop it may use onboard graphics]

430.*** [or maybe the default driver if it's a new installation].

Alternatively if possible a screenshot of your system setup.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley