Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

On 04/12/2021 12:12, Michael Everitt wrote:
Is it any form of window movement, scrolling up and down .. remember in tech support,
you can't ever give Too Much Information ..
Agreed. I always liked information as I could pick the bones out and decide what was important.
This is where we often now thrive on screenshots and even video now you can capture
it easily on your phone .. wait, you have a smartphone right? That old wind-up BT
chunk in the corner ain't gonna help you ... Simply because a picture speaks a
thousand words (Remember?).

Are your 'text editors' the likes of gedit/etc or are you in a console window
(nano/vim/emacs/etc) ..

Michael would a > of any output help? e.g # julian@mypc stuffedup --howdidibreakitthistime? > break.txt That would give Neil a copy (easily found?) of what he's told anyone trying to help.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley