Re: [LUG] Re-subscription and hello.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Jul 2019, at 23:25, Jon Davey via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 08 July 2019 at 23:06 Joseph Bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> yes your post worked. but just before you get started can i just prompt that you
>> understand list rules and etiquette : you know the ones that dont exist but
>> everyone assumes.
>>
>> a) dont even think about spaming the list
>> b) politics is very OT - just because we are into helping others with OS != a
>> political belief or mindset. #im already offended you even mentioned it. I
>> normally just lurk!
>>
>> free as in open, not free as in beeris often misunderstood:
>>
>> Open source isnt a tool for the masses. its an epic swiss army knife for people
>> that do real shit with software. Average people should buy a mac, a chromebook or
>> an android device! They are simply not equipped with the capacity to deal with
>> real opensource tools unless they actually want to learn. and thats where we help
>> .... but we are not pc world support! We expect people to RTFM and google until
>> they’re eyes bleed. :)
>>
>> have a nice day. your friendly OS partner:)
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 8 Jul 2019, at 22:13, Jon Davey via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi DCGLUG, I used to subscribe a fair while back. I looked through some of the
>>> names and recognise some of them. My reason for re-subscription is because I was
>>> recently elected as the social media co-ordinateor for the Liskeard branch of
>>> the Labour party and I am keen to try to promote the use of as much open source
>>> software as I can, clearly the list will be a vital resource for this. So this
>>> is, really a bit of a test aswell just to check that I have subscribed properly,
>>> because I'm not entirely sure I have.
>>>
>>> Jon Davey
>>>
>>> --
>
> ...er, how do I reply to this then...top or bottom lol. Well I guess you havn't
> noticed the way that the open source community ethos aligns with other kinds of
> thinking.

yes ive noticed its diverse and shuns monolithic ideology.

> We'll pretend that isn't a thing then.
> I would have thought you would be enthused that I am advocating the use of OS
> software.

no because open source is about scratching ones own itch. fixing other peoples
problem is a by product.

& Sorry the list is not a marketing tool or interested in promoting agendas. This is
a forum of therapy & help for computer enthusiasts.

you are welcome to use it as such - there are friendly people here. I’m just making
the point so no one else needs to.