Re: [LUG] Re-subscription and hello.

> On 08 July 2019 at 23:06 Joseph Bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Hi Jon,
>
> yes your post worked. but just before you get started can i just prompt that you
> understand list rules and etiquette : you know the ones that dont exist but
> everyone assumes.
>
> a) dont even think about spaming the list
> b) politics is very OT - just because we are into helping others with OS != a
> political belief or mindset. #im already offended you even mentioned it. I
> normally just lurk!
>
> free as in open, not free as in beeris often misunderstood:
>
> Open source isnt a tool for the masses. its an epic swiss army knife for people
> that do real shit with software. Average people should buy a mac, a chromebook or
> an android device! They are simply not equipped with the capacity to deal with
> real opensource tools unless they actually want to learn. and thats where we help
> .... but we are not pc world support! We expect people to RTFM and google until
> they’re eyes bleed. :)
>
> have a nice day. your friendly OS partner:)
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 8 Jul 2019, at 22:13, Jon Davey via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi DCGLUG, I used to subscribe a fair while back. I looked through some of the
> > names and recognise some of them. My reason for re-subscription is because I was
> > recently elected as the social media co-ordinateor for the Liskeard branch of
> > the Labour party and I am keen to try to promote the use of as much open source
> > software as I can, clearly the list will be a vital resource for this. So this
> > is, really a bit of a test aswell just to check that I have subscribed properly,
> > because I'm not entirely sure I have.
> >
> > Jon Davey
> >
> > --

...er, how do I reply to this then...top or bottom lol. Well I guess you havn't
noticed the way that the open source community ethos aligns with other kinds of
thinking. We'll pretend that isn't a thing then. I would have thought you would be
enthused that I am advocating the use of OS software. I am a bit of a computer dunce
yet I have installed and ran a Linux distribution. Also there ate things like email
clients that can be used on other, non Linux platforms, that I had hped the list
would be interested in promoting the widespread use of. But clearly not. Fair
enough. Thanks for the warm welcome friendly OS partner.