Re: [LUG] Xfce Distro

On 07/11/2018 20:44, M. J. Everitt wrote:
I'd steer clear from CentOS personally .. Fedora should be fine though.

I'm gonna have a stab at Manjaro as an alternative to Arch, because, well
because.

OpenSUSE is OK, and if you haven't tried Mint - its a Ubuntu-variant so
you'll know what that's like.

If in doubt, take the plunge and get familiar with Containers/Virtual
Machines - you can try whatever you like from within whatever-you-ve-got
which isn't a bad thing nowadays.

MJE

I have tried Mint, used it for a while, but did not take to it really. I will have a look at Manjaro, which I see is now number one in the list at distrowatch. I notice too that MX Linux, which some people seem to have never heard of, is no 4 in the list. Must check that one out too.

I have used VBox in the past, but never had a go at containers. Something else to consider.

Neil