Re: [LUG] More scam emails

On 13/10/18 20:51, Pentiddy wrote:
> What password manager would you recommend?

This is one of those surprisingly tricky questions - there are a lot of
them, and many suck. Thanks to different clients wanting different
things and having to support pretty much everything I have tried pretty
much all of them at this point though - none of them are perfect.
They're all better than the alternative though...

For sheer simplicity and adhering to the UNIX philosophy, I really like
"pass".

https://www.passwordstore.org

Decidedly not what most people are looking for though. I usually
recommend trying out Enpass:

https://www.enpass.io

It is free (as in beer, not freedom) for desktop systems and is cross
platform win/mac/linux. The IOS/Android versions are also free up to the
first 20 passwords or so but it's only a few quid to buy if you want to
later. Has all the stuff you want a password manager to do without a
whole load of extra crap you don't or might be too suspicious of. Solid
integration via plugins for all major browsers which is where you're
going to be using it the most.

Cheers