Re: [LUG] Video Playing Problem

On 30/12/17 19:32, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the reply. It does seem to be vlc problem. I have installed
> mpv and it works without any problems.

As expected. I don't want to open another can of worms but upgrading VLC
to the latest 3.x RC version will probably fix wayland display issues
but honestly it's just not worth it. Wait for VLC 3 to hit mainstream
release instead, and stay away from wayland if you know what's good for you!

> I am running gnome desktop but it keeps crashing. Maybe that is
> causing an additional problem.

Clarify please? Are you now running Gnome+Xorg instead of Gnome+Wayland?
Which "gnome desktop" is crashy? Have you switched and it's still
crashy? Any clues? As usual you've given us very little to work with...

> As you are aware the system has been buggy from the start. I thought
> it was sorting itself out!

Well you know how it is with computers - two steps forward, one step back.

> I have used rpmfusion. Didn't know about folks with hats though. How
> do I use fedy though? I can't see an application etc.

Just follow the unbelievably straight forward instructions that are in a
massive box literally in the middle of the homepage that clearly state
what to do?

To install Fedy in Fedora, open a Terminal and run the following command:

dnf -y install https://dl.folkswithhats.org/fedora/$(rpm -E
%fedora)/RPMS/folkswithhats-release.noarch.rpm

I have literally no idea how that could be any less clear!

C'mon man, you've got to put _some_ effort in yourself :|

Cheers