Re: [LUG] bluetooth

On 21/09/2017 12:30, Neil wrote:
> On 20/09/17 09:02, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 08:45:01 +0100
>> Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Neil,
>>
>>> phone to the computer via a USB cable will work. It doesn't.

> Have finally been told the problem. These Doro phones work with Windows
> and Apple computers, but not Linux. This the reason that linking the
> phone by cable to my computer does not work. I have already sent an
> email to them, suggesting that they get a bit more up to date. And if I
> ever get a new phone it will not be a Doro.
>
> I have now installed a micro SD card into the phone. In future any
> photos will be stored there. Meanwhile, I am waiting to be told if there
> is any way to transfer my photos from phone storage to the SD card.
>
> The only other solution I can think of is to find someone with a Windows
> computer who will transfer the photos to their computer for me. Then I
> can copy them to a USB stick and so copy them from there to my computer.
>
> What a palaver,
>
> Neil

Doro Phones.
These are very good phones for what they do.
1) for Seniors  (most do not use Linux).
2) The automatic emergency call to up to three 'family' or emergency
numbers by a single  button press without starting phone.
2.1) This facility - the emergency without opening phone - has been the
thing that has made me recommend Doro to many seniors and family members
as well as the VERY HIGH speaker volume select-able by hard of hearing
like myself.
Police know it has an ICE number inside easily available if used for
link to person to call In Case of Emergency
It has proved its worth with family members with dementia onset.

3) High volume settings and ability to interlink with hearing aids.

Items 1, with 2 and 3 were reason  for company's setting up.

Disclosure: my DORO phone does not take pictures;
my wife's phone and other family member's ones take pictures.
Wife has Windows 10 set up dual booting to OpenSUSE.

My old Nokia with picture capability only connects to Windows and does
not have an SD card.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald