Re: [LUG] bluetooth

On 18/09/2017 13:45, Neil wrote:
> Have been trying out bluetooth. What a pain. I have it running on my
> desktop and my laptop computers. It is also set up on my two mobile
> phones. After a lot of trying it out, it says the phone is paired with
> the desktop but not connected. Tried various things, and finally gave up.
>
> Thought to try my laptop. It connected and paired straight away with the
> phone!! Wow. Then found that the one one thing I want to do, that is
> transfer files from the phone to the computer was the one thing that did
> not work. I can send files from the laptop to the phone, but not the
> other way. Typical. I get some message about not liking my default
> browser. I tried changing the default, but that did not work either.
>
> Sometimes I just hate computers. Sorry for the rant, but I feel a bit
> less stressed now,
>
> Neil

Bluetooth and old phones (photos)
I have two old Nokia phones (not smartphones). They transfer photos by
blue tooth. (Used only on Windows set up) They have no wire connection
capability.I found:
a) Laptop (Windows  XP Long time ago and Windows  7) to phone works by
Bluetooth.
I have not used on Windows 10 or Linux distros.
b) Phone must be less than ten inches from laptop.
This was critical.
(I know Blue tooth even in old version 'should' work up to ten feet)
c) There was no mention of bluetooth to Linux in phone makers instructions.
d) Only Windows. With download at
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51237
e) easy to transfer from windows to other computers.
f) But bluetooth should  work.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald