Re: [LUG] bluetooth

On 21/09/17 14:16, Eion MacDonald wrote:

Doro Phones.
These are very good phones for what they do.
1) for Seniors  (most do not use Linux).
2) The automatic emergency call to up to three 'family' or emergency
numbers by a single  button press without starting phone.
2.1) This facility - the emergency without opening phone - has been the
thing that has made me recommend Doro to many seniors and family members
as well as the VERY HIGH speaker volume select-able by hard of hearing
like myself.
Police know it has an ICE number inside easily available if used for
link to person to call In Case of Emergency
It has proved its worth with family members with dementia onset.

3) High volume settings and ability to interlink with hearing aids.

Items 1, with 2 and 3 were reason  for company's setting up.

Disclosure: my DORO phone does not take pictures;
my wife's phone and other family member's ones take pictures.
Wife has Windows 10 set up dual booting to OpenSUSE.

My old Nokia with picture capability only connects to Windows and does
not have an SD card.

Yes, these are the reasons for choosing the phone, since I am well retired now. I had never noticed, or forgotten, that there was an SD card slot. I now have one installed, and any future photos will be stored there. Meanwhile the photos already stored are what I am trying to move to my computer. I will get it sorted somehow.

Another list member seems to think that I should have a way to transfer files within the phone itself, but I can't find it. Not to worry, it is not so important, just annoying. That is why I tried bluetooth earlier, but I can't get that to work either.

Neil