Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 02/04/17 18:56, Gordon Henderson via list wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017, Neil via list wrote:

Have had a go at using the cheap keyboard and at using different USB
ports, but to no avail. I will wait till tomorrow when I hope to talk
to the people who made it up for me. Perhaps they can get me sorted out.

Can I just check one thing?

When are you pushing the F2/F11/Del keys?

Your first post in this thread seemed to suggest you might be waiting
until the login screen - if you're pushing them then, then this is not
the right time.

So if you are waiting until the login screen, then try this: Turn it
off, count to 5 then turn it back on again, then immediately start
battering the F2 then Del keys alternatively. Don't wait for anything,
just start pushing them alternatively. I've seen some BIOSes that only
give you a second or less to push them, so be pro-active and get there
first.

You're probably already doing this - just trying to be clear and make
sure you're doing the right thing.

Gordon

Yes, I am used to doing this over several years. I certainly don't wait for the log on screen, that is far too late.

Neil