Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 01/04/17 18:34, Neil via list wrote:
On 01/04/17 18:30, Neil via list wrote:
On 01/04/17 18:22, Tom via list wrote:
I'm guessing its a USB keyboard? You may need a 'normal' keyboard as
with some systems a USB keyboard is ignored by the bios. Or you could
use and USB to normal keyboard connector adaptor
Tom te tom te tom

Hi Tom, yes it is a USB keyboard. I am not sure what you mean by a
'normal' keyboard. Many moons ago, of course, I had a very different
port for the keyboard, but that is so long ago that I have forgotten
what it was.

I will look up about a USB to normal adaptor to see what that is all
about. I thought USB's worked everywhere nowadays.

Neil

Further to the above, I have had a look at adaptors and it all seems to be about mini to normal size, or male to female or type c to type 3 or some such. I don't think you meant any of those???

Neil

They are usb to ps2 adapters - I have a machine that ignores USB stuff until booted. Cost a Â1 or so ish. ALternatively you may find updating the BIOS on your motherboard may allow USB to work, or not, or bork it....

Tom te tom te tom