Re: [LUG] Security Thoughts

On 30/03/17 11:41, Tom via list wrote:
If someone has your password and direct access to your PC it's pretty
much game over as far as security is concerned.

Paul has already articulated my suggestions but you might want to add
home directory encryption into the mix - that way your data is
protected if your PC is taken but the password is not known.
Good point there,   it is another layer especially if you have a potable
device.
Wow! Drinkable computers!
Tom te tom te tom hic

This seems to have gone off topic somewhat. My main question was, is it possible/easy to set one password to log on and another one to use with sudo? And secondly, if so, is it a good idea?

Neil