Re: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?

Is (libre)Office noticeably better in the latest version?

It seems to work for me in Debian Jessie, as much as I want.

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, 08:39 Neil via list, <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/02/17 00:00, Simon Waters via list wrote:
> Since a lot of them try and redirect https, which works less and less often even.
>
> Also NEVER accept a dodgy certificate for a domain you care about, this opens up a whole range of attacks.
>
> Additional to the excellent comments by Mr M, find a website that works over http and open that one (of course this opens your browser up to other attacks but you're mostly stuck with them).
>
> I use http://www.ibm.com/ as they make no efforts to prevent people from intercepting traffic to their site.

That is certainly different. Thanks, I will look into it.

I have now upgraded libreoffice to the latest version using the ppa. It
seems fine.

Regards

Neil