Re: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?

On 08/02/17 00:00, Simon Waters via list wrote:
Since a lot of them try and redirect https, which works less and less often even.

Also NEVER accept a dodgy certificate for a domain you care about, this opens up a
whole range of attacks.

Additional to the excellent comments by Mr M, find a website that works over http
and open that one (of course this opens your browser up to other attacks but you're
mostly stuck with them).

I use http://www.ibm.com/ as they make no efforts to prevent people from
intercepting traffic to their site.

That is certainly different. Thanks, I will look into it.

I have now upgraded libreoffice to the latest version using the ppa. It seems fine.

Regards

Neil