Re: [LUG] Repetier host install

On 24/11/16 11:32, aaron moore wrote:
> Thanks Michael.
> I tried a fresh unzip in a new folder called 'testing' and ran 'sudo
> configureFirst.sh' and createDesktopicon.sh. but I got he same result.
> When I logged in as root and tried to run the desktop icon it said it
> was untrusted and wouldn't let me run it.  I was not able to run the
> install script from sudo su.....not sure why.
> I am loathed to run it on a windows system. I don't have a machine available
> Is there any way round this?
> What to do what to do

Well, it's only the shortcut creation that's failing so to be fair it's
not really a big deal, the actual application will still run just fine.
In case you haven't already tried this, first make sure you have the
dependencies installed:

sudo apt install build-essential mono-complete libmono-winforms2.0-cil
monodevelop

Check your user is in the 20(dialout) group with "id" and then cd in a
shell to your new directory, which I think is
/home/aaron/testing/RepetierHost. Check that the RepetierHost.exe file
exists and then run it with:

mono RepetierHost.exe -home `pwd`

On my 14.04 system that pops open the GUI which appears to work fine,
except for the fact that mine of course doesn't actually have a 3D
printer attached to it. Yet.

See if that at least works and then we can make a shell script or
working desktop icon later (if it's even worth it?).

Cheers