[LUG] VPN's

I see that the government has decided to pass the so called 'snoopers' charter' law. And it will be ready quickly. They really have no idea, have they?

Anyway, one suggestion I saw in a paper was to start using a VPN. I have previously looked at this, and as usual suggestions range from 'brilliant idea' to 'don't bother'.

So what do list members think? And, if it is a good idea, what VPN's do they suggest? Thanks for any help, and I do realise that the government's excuse that it is 'all about preventing terrorism' is complete rubbish. It won't. The real reason, of course, is all about control of the people. That is it and all about it.

Regards,

Neil