Re: [LUG] VPN's

On 24/11/16 18:37, Lists wrote:
So what do list members think? And, if it is a good idea, what VPN's do they suggest?
Great question! I'm also interested in other's opinions on VPNs. Personally, I don't use them because of a lack of trust in the providers. For the web I am OK with using Tor Browser because I believe a nation-state actor would find it relatively costly to destroy the anonymity of large numbers of Tor users.

Torrent Freak do a yearly survey of VPN providers [1]: it asks them a series of questions designed to help assess their usefulness. I still think the anonymity protections are weak, but some providers may do enough to suit the kind of use-case we're discussing here.

jah

[1]: https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/