Re: [LUG] Repetier host install

On 23/11/16 20:35, aaron moore wrote:
> I tried running it as sudo. I got an icon but I didn't have permission.
> I tried to change permission but it disappeared?
> What script archive should I send for you to look at?

Ok, I guess you're using the latest repetier-host linux 1.6.2 bundle
from here?

https://www.repetier.com/download-now/

The scripts in that bundle are indeed a little rough around the edges.
Firstly, see if the thing works at all so start clean. You seem to have
unpacked the archive to /home/aaron/Documents/new printer/RepetierHost
(wouldn't be surprised if the space in "new printer" in that filepath is
to blame) so grab a fresh copy of the software and untar it somewhere like:

/home/aaron/testing/RepetierHost

cd to that directory, re-run configureFirst.sh (with sudo) and then
createDesktopicon.sh (without). That should drop a new desktop shortcut
entry in the *current directory*, not on the Desktop. Check with a GUI
fileviewer and double click to start, report back with any problems.

Cheers