Re: [LUG] TV Licensing [Ad blockers]

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 07:04:55 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

>Which is still incorrect. You have to use it to break the law.

True, but the point is the magistrates, by and large, don't care too much
about that.  They /should/ care, I know, but the time allotted is
limited, so often the "line of least resistance" prevails:  They tend to
believe the prosecutor rather than the defendant.

A system of law does not necessarily equate to a system of justice.   :-(

As you say, the tactics used by the people that come to the door can be
horrendous.  The trouble is, there seems to be no effective regulation of
their activities in place.  If the police obtained evidence in that way,
the cases involving that evidence would probably never get to court.
The same rules should apply to this.  As I said in another message, the
TV licensing authority bring their own prosecutions and, IIUC, they
aren't covered by PACE (Police And Criminal Evidence Act).

--
 Regards  _
Chose to play the fool in a six piece band