Re: [LUG] TV Licensing [Ad blockers]

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 19:20:14 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

>So how have people been /successfully/ prosecuted?

Various ways.

1) By having the *capability*, even if it's not used - having a TV aerial
and a TV, even if the two aren't connected together.
2) Some people assume that they're wrong and plead guilty.
3) Some can't afford to contest the case (no legal aid here, folks), try
to take on the licensing authority (hereafter - LA) and lose because the
magistrates assume that the LA are right or that the accused is simply
trying to waste the court's time.
4) By relying on out of date information.  Students living away from
home used to be covered by a parental license, if they used a battery
operated portable TV, for example.

I could go on, and on.....

--
 Regards  _
I'm spending all my money and it's going up my nose