Re: [LUG] Xubuntu 16.04

As far as I remember, the xx.xx.0 LTS releases are intended for fresh
installs, of for upgrading from the immediately preceding ordinary
release. Canonical hold back on the LTS to LTS upgrade displaying in the
updater until the xx.xx.1 version.

So in this case 16.04.0 LTS is designed for upgrade from 15.10 or a
fresh install, but is not deemed suitable (i.e. try it at your own risk)
for upgrade directly from 14.04, as you have not gone through 14.10,
15.04, 15.10 etc.

Personally, I will wait for 16.04.1 which will be the official upgrade
from 14.04, and has less chance of breaking the upgrade process.

Phil