Re: [LUG] On Linus, Linux and Security

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 01:22:51PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >I'd rather be running my nuclear facility on Linux rather than XP
> >like those Iranian guys were doing.
>
> I think you may not have fully read the article..
>
> I'd rather my nuclear facility wasn't connected to the Internet, and
> had physical access controls regardless of the OS it was running.

Indeed, and it's worth pointing out that "those Iranian guys" didn't
have their nuclear facility connected to the Internet. Compared to
bridging the air gap, whichever operating system they were running
wasn't of particular concern to the authors of Stuxnet.

I thought the article fair and balanced, even if at times not 100%
correct. It showed the arguments of both the "Linux needs to take
security more seriously" proponents as well as those of Linus and others
who think one shouldn't "mess with userspace".

Martijn.