Re: [LUG] On Linus, Linux and Security

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 13:22:51 +0000 (GMT), Gordon Henderson
<gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Fri, 6 Nov 2015, Kevin Peat wrote:
>
>> On 5 November 2015 22:53:24 GMT+00:00, Martijn Grooten
>> <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I thought this a really good piece on Linux, security (and the lack
>>> thereof) and the role Linus Torvalds plays in all of this:
>>>
>>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/business/2015/11/05/net-of-insecurity-the-kernel-of-the-argument/
>
>> I'd rather be running my nuclear facility on Linux rather than XP
>> like those Iranian guys were doing.
>
>I think you may not have fully read the article..

T'was a joke, obviously not obvious. When personal nuclear facilities
do become available I wont be putting mine online.

>From my own experience of largish software projects, the ones with a
Linus-like dictator went a lot better than those with committee style
management. And anyway if the people complaining are so great they can
always fork the kernel and make something more secure which obviously
no-one will use because it will be dog slow with all the overhead.

Kevin