Re: [LUG] Yahoo, was: Web based emails

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 03:15:39PM +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> Alternatively, write the email in a text editor including subject
> and then simply paste it into the message.  If they do only record
> keystrokes then CRTL+V will be the only keystroke recorded, plus
> typing in the recipient's email address.  Of course the message
> itself is then in plain text but then if they're only recording
> keystrokes that should make no difference.

Given that the message itself is stored on their server, I don't see why
you'd only be worried about the recording of keystrokes. For that
reason, I don't see why they would record keystrokes in the first place.
I seriously doubt this happens; one should be able to detect it as it
should happen on the client side.

Martijn.