Re: [LUG] Web based emails

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 23:16:38 +0100
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>reasoning for excluding these major providers?

I can tell you mine;

google are too insidious.  They're worse than the Borg.  At least they
*tell* you you're going to assimilated.  google just suck in everything.

yahoo accounts are too easily breached.  They're a security nightmare.
For Neil's use case, that's a major cause for concern.  Oh, and their
DMARC policy is boorish, forcing many mailing lists to make large scale
changes to accommodate them.

aol DMARC policy as yahoo.  They, or rather, their customers, never had a
good rep.

hotmail.  microsoft.

And, as Neil has already said, the bigger they are, the more I get the
feeling that they're "too big for their boots".

--
 Regards  _
Buy some love at the five and dime