Re: [LUG] Looking for help testing software

On 06/09/14 15:52, bad apple wrote:

> Either way, I downloaded the ISO while I was typing this and will boot a
> VM in a sec.

Booted in VBox on a 32 bit single core instance, artificially pegged at
25% execution cap, with 256Mb RAM and 64Mb assigned to 3D enabled
graphics. System up and running in moments with no fuss - good job.

My initial thoughts are that you've shipped a broken browser: first of
all, Midori is crap anyway and you've dispatched it with no possibility
to actually enter a URL in any meaningful way. To get functionality of
any kind, I had to launch it from xterm with "midori linux.org". That is
pretty damn stupid right there.

JWM sucks incidentally. I know desktop environments are very much an
individual thing, but really? Awesome DM would have been a much sounder
choice. Half of the system menus are unpopulated by the way. Anyone
except a skilled Linux user is going to be *way* out of their depth on
this, you need a shell to get anything basic done. WICD is another
somewhat unconventional choice, care to explain?

Also, based on Precise when Trusty is already 5 months old? Back to the
drawing board my friends.

Your baseline should be this: http://www.sysresccd.org

If you can't bring more to the table than this, you should honestly
withdraw all public resources and keep it as a private, scratch that
itch project. Alpha releases are good to nobody when free 90 day
evaluations of Windows 8.1 are one click away, Yosemite 10.10 developer
betas are free, not to even mention a billion fully functional Linux
distros.

Do NOT on any account let me comments dissuade you from keeping at it.
One thing I have never done, but have always wanted to and still want to
even now, is roll my own distro. Unlike you, I'm not brave enough so bravo.

Regards