Re: [LUG] tagging or sorting pictures by colour patches

I see this chap had a look at a problem of similar nature

http://blog.endpoint.com/2011/04/determining-dominant-image-color.html

$ convert Waffle.jpg -scale 1x1\! -format '%[pixel:u]' info:-
rgb(219,166,94)

That is aimed at giving a single dominant colour - which in the case
of a runner might be skyblue or grass green or track red.  Excluding
those either from the picture that was passed to the notional
software, or the replies would probably work to a first approximation.

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/quantize/

looks like a place to start...

In my copious free time I shall apply myself a little to this.

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/